Great Crested Flycatcher
Nest box Plan and Information
Select another species:
Download Nest Box Plan 4949 downloads
Species in decline
This species is in decline in certain regions. You can put up a nest box to help if you live in the right region and habitat.
- Not declining
- Not present
Nesting RangeSource: BNA Online
- Open Woodland
Attach Nest Box To
- Dead Tree
Known Nesting Period
Nest Box Placement
1 box per 6 acres
Nest Box Measurements
Width & Length:
- Place the box along a woodland edge.
- Control of European Starlings and House Sparrows may be necessary since both competitors can fit through the entrance hole.
- Seems to prefer hanging boxes, which discourages starlings and predators.
- Make sure the box has an unobstructed flight path to the entrance.
- If using hanging method, hang from a live or dead tree on a 3–4' wire about 12' from the ground.