How do I download the NestWatch app?
On an iPhone, iPad, or other iOS device:
- While using your iPhone/iPad, use this link to download the app. Tap “Install” to complete the process.
- Alternatively, open the “App Store” from your Apple device. Search for “NestWatch” by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, find the app in the results list, then tap “Get.” The app should begin installing – you’ll see the “Get” button change to “Open” when the installation is finished.
- If you still can’t see the app, or if there is no “Open” button, you may have an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch that is running an older iOS version. Click here to view the current software requirements for iOS devices. You can check your device’s iOS version by going to Settings → General → About. On the About page, look for the version number. The version number often has one or two decimals (e.g. 13.3.3, or 14.1). To update your iOS, just go to Settings → General → Software Update.
On an Android device:
- While using your device, use this link to download the app. Tap “Install” to complete the process.
- Alternatively, on your Android device, go to the Play Store app. Tap the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner to search. Type “NestWatch” into the search bar and start the search. Find “NestWatch” by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology in the results list and then tap “Install.”
- If you are unable to find the app in the Play Store, your device may be running an older version of the Android operating system. Click here to view the current software requirements for Android devices. You can check your Android operating system version by going to: Settings → About Phone or About Device. The Android version number is usually a number without decimals (e.g. Android 11).
If your device does not allow you to update your iOS or Android system, then the device hardware may be too outdated to run the NestWatch app. Please note that updates are meant to keep up with security improvements and are the surest way to have a safe and secure experience on your device. If this is the case, you may instead need to enter your data online on NestWatch.org. Sign in here to get started.Return to FAQ list